I like brands who know who they are and aren't afraid of having a strong point of view. I'll get nerdy about grammar, design, music and fitness. More than anything, I'm a creative problem solver and I love digging into less-obvious solutions to create something remarkable.
I'm currently freelancing full time and am available for projects, part-time work and full-time short-term contracts. Get in touch using my contact page.
The other research university on the banks of the Charles River.
Content Strategist • January 2017–Present
- Conduct stakeholder interviews to define business goals.
- Audit existing client site and/or analyze competitive landscape.
- Create site analytics report to identify opportunities for growth.
- Develop comprehensive web content strategy, accounting for client goals and available resources.
- Map new information architecture and wireframe page templates as needed.
- Lead findings presentations and read-outs with high-level stakeholders.
- Work with development and design teams to execute approved strategy and required functionality.
- Provide copy writing and content management support to clients.
The leisure tour division of global education and travel giant, EF Education First.
Senior Copywriter / Content Editor • April 2012–July 2016
Served as lead digital copywriter (SEO, Agile, chat, UX, app), improving organic search results to grow web traffic by 30% YOY.
Drove initiative to curate top digital content in monthly newsletter that resulted in 3x increase in traffic to blog.
Led Go Ahead content and copy team, acting as mentor to junior writers.
Conducted brand strategy meetings with team and high-level stakeholders.
Acted as team liaison across all departments and global EF copy teams.
Worked cross-departmentally to develop marketing content strategy.
Created comprehensive style guides that were later adopted EF-wide.
Championed consistency and efficiency across massive library of copy assets.
- Crafted marketing copy for promotional and editorial campaigns.
The (now-defunct) “daily deals” corner of the fashionable flash-saler.
Associate Editor (Contract) • October 2011–January 2012
Wrote and edited assets for daily deal features and vouchers.
Oversaw a team of copywriters of varying levels of experience.
Developed and updated the Rue Local style guide.
- Managed Facebook and Twitter accounts in various markets.
Internationally acclaimed, events-based publication known for its strong editorial voice.
Editor • June 2010–June 2011
- Was recruited to start the local outpost of new all-digital model.
- Hired and lead small editorial team and managed 30+ freelance creatives.
- Built a comprehensive site for local readers with a passion for arts and culture.
- Served as media sponsor and lead coverage for Boston Music Awards.
- Worked with sponsors to create branded content packages that aligned with Time Out voice and values.
Events-based mobile media start-up with listings and content in 40 cities nationwide.
Content Editor • June 2007–July 2010
Recruited and managed team of 30+ national correspondents, editing dozens of event previews daily.
Trained writers on a custom built CMS.
Created weekly newsletter for mass mailing.
Created original content on subjects ranging from local events to celebrity news to mixed martial arts.
Managed social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook)
Nov 2003-Aug 2005
- Wrote, produced and voiced daily news segment.
- Produced visual materials for fundraising events.
- Edited internal newsletter.
Marketing & Promotions Intern
- Wrote copy for on-air promotions.
- Promoted station and sponsors at local events.
- Created flyers and other promo materials.
DJ Training Director
Sep 2007-Jun 2008
- Produced weekly radio show focusing on dance pop, rock and indie music.
- Lead DJ training program.
- Served on Music staff and reviewed new releases.
Commonwealth Honors College, University of Massachusetts—Amherst
- BS in Communications & Spanish
The School of the New York Times
- Certificate in Storymining & Strategy: Creating Branded Content
- Google Analytics Bootcamp